Wow.....where do I even start? I can't believe that we are already six days into March! And then yesterday my dad told me that daylight savings is this coming weekend. I didn't believe him so I looked it up, sure enough it is! This is your pre-warning, make sure you turn your clocks forward :-( Saturday night or you might miss church on Sunday.
Anyways, the last two weekends we have made day trips to Fargo. Two weekends ago we went to Fargo for Thomas' Bachelor Party. I stayed at my parent's house while Jake and his brother Josh had fun in town with the guys. I still was not feeling that good on Saturday so it was nice to have my parents look after Addy while I got extra sleep and even took a nap! It is so nice to be taken care of every once in a while, especially when you're not feeling well. We got back home before the storm hit that night. But unfortunately Josh still had to drive through it, thankfully he got home safe. Sunday morning we had some snow on the ground. The truck was able to get through it so we didn't have to snow blow until we got back from church.
Last week we got hardly anything from the "big" storm that came though the tri-state area. It must have died out and went around us. Friday I went to Fargo for a doctor appointment. Yes, I know I just had one the week before but I FINALLY got into a new doctor! I was pretty excited. I had to make my first appointment for last Friday or wait to see her until April. This first appointment took over an hour, thank goodness Katie and Jared were able to watch Addy. My new doctor is sooo nice and really seems concerned about me. She said the baby's head is definitely down....it better stay that way ;-). I can't believe I only have 5 weeks left! It seems like a very short time and not soon enough at the same time. My body is really aching to get the baby out. It is getting harder to do things like wash dishes, put my shoes on, bend over to do anything, and much more ;-). Addy is getting increasingly interested in my growing belly. She will rub it and smile. We are getting so excited for the baby to come and for Addy to meet her new baby sister!
Friday when I came home from Fargo the interstate was awful. There was blowing snow all over the road. Right before our exit off the interstate there was a big multi-car accident. There were numerous cop cars and a fire truck at the scene. I slowed down, not wanting to be the next car in the ditch. The road from interstate to our house was pure ice. I planned on going to Fargo again the next day (Saturday) for my Aunt's baby shower and to see some of my extended family. After much debating Jake decided he would drive me to Fargo and then we would come home after supper. The shower was a lot of fun and it was nice to see family that I haven't seen in many months. We had supper out at my parents with my grandparents, it was great to see them. We sure were glad we came home Saturday night. When we woke up there was four or five inches of snow on the ground and still falling. After Addy (and I :-) got up from her nap we went outside to play in the snow. That was the FIRST time this year that we took out our snow shoes. Last year you had to have snow shoes all winter to get anywhere. I hope it is the last time too because it is very hard for me to get mine on. After getting my feet all snapped in I have to stand there for a minute or two to catch my breath (it sure is a workout!). We all had fun.....especially Addy being pulled in the sled. By the time we went in she was frozen from head to toe, but she was still begging to stay outside. Jake said "She's a true Loegering!"......whatever that means ;-).
Getting ready to go outside.....but she has the wrong hat and gloves on.
My gloves go past her elbows.
Sledding outside with Daddy.
Addy was more interested in looking at Oakie than the camera.
Mommy and Addy.
Addy finally looks....but mommy isn't :-/.
Going up a mound of dirt.
Riding Oakie...well, sort of.
He would actually make a nice size horse for her.
After we got in from outside we HAD to have hot chocolate, of course :-). Here is Addy drinking her first cup of hot chocolate.....she loved it! Like that is a surprise.
Nummy!
Yesterday, I was experimenting with Addy's hair. I got her to let me put a pony tail in and she kept it in until bedtime. I had all of her hair in it (too bad I don't have a picture). When Jake walked in the door he asked if I had cut Addy's hair (in a very worried voice). This and the following pictures are of her hair after the pony came out.
Kind of looks like a mohawk.
Crazy haired girl!
My Little Helper...
Addy is my little helper. She loves to help with everything and anything. I am always trying to think of things she can do to help me get things done. I was reading in an article that involving children in daily work, even at this age, can cut down on misbehavior dramatically. They feel like they are contributing to the work load and that makes them feel very fulfilled. She helps me set the table (the unbreakable dishes :-), hands me clothes to fold, helps carry clothes (socks ;-) to our bedroom to be put away, puts her dirty clothes on the steps, helps assemble things for a diaper change and then put them away, cleans up her toys, and much more. Once you get in the mindset of finding little tasks for them to do it gets easier to come up with more and more things they can do.
The start to our 2012 Garden!
We started our plants earlier and smarter this year. Last year our soil (not dirt!) didn't have enough nutrients to sustain the seedlings longer than a couple weeks or so. Our plants already look better than our last year plants did when it was time to plant them! We have started onions, celery, impatiens (flowers) and geraniums (more flowers :-). In a week or so we will do everything else.....tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, more flowers and other stuff.
Onions.....Jake has given them a "hair cut" twice now.
Our geraniums look awesome! That is a quarter that I am holding next to them.
Celery.....we just thinned them out last night. Some had 15 to 20 plants in a pot! Sorry, I couldn't get a better picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment