Monday, July 2, 2012

Stay cool under fire......if you can!

Last Wednesday I went to get Addy up in the morning and realized she had the ribbon that was on one of her teddy bears wrapped around her wrist. It was so tightly twisted that I had to cut it off. Her hand was all swollen and she had a dark red mark around her wrist. I called Ask-a-Nurse and they told me she should see a doctor to make sure there was no nerve damage. I took her in that morning. The doctor said everything looked okay but to just keep an eye on it. The swelling went down that day but she still has the red mark.

It is the hand to the left. It looked way worse in person

Wednesday afternoon Susanna was crying for a little while and then all of a sudden just fell asleep.

So precious.

Thursday I made a trip to Fargo to see my sister and her daughter Sophia. I didn't decide that I was going to go until 30min before I left. I am really glad I went. It was nice to see them and the girls had a lot of fun playing in the pool.

Sophia just soaking.

Addy and Sophia

Grandpa with Susanna

The three granddaughters.....Sophia and Addy both wanted to hold Susanna.

On Saturday my parents, brother, and sister and her family came out. We grilled some burgers and then sat outside by the pool while Jake, Sophia and Addy played in the pool. One of our pools is big enough for an adult to fit, so Jake decided to try it out.

Jake double fisting the squirt guns.

Paul was supervising.

Addy about to dump water on the flower that doesn't exist anymore because SHE pulled it out :-(.

Watering the soil.

Addy and Sophia playing in Addy's barn on the deck.


The rest of us staying cool in the shade. Jason had his shirt up because Jake and Paul were trying to get him wet.

Addy running back to the pool for more water.....I love watching little kids run, it is so cute!

Addy was asking Jake if she could have some of his beer..... he said "no" of course!

All snuggled in her towel.

Grandpa gets hugs....

.....and so does uncle Jason.


The many faces of my dad (I don't know who took these pictures on my camera but they are great)......

The laugh...

The "what do you think you are doing" look...

Yes dad....we know you like your beer :-)


Mandie and Paul left that afternoon. Saturday night for supper with my parents and Jason we had home grown potatoes FRESH from the garden..... on June 30th none-the-less!!! They were good size too.

The tennis ball is for size comparison. They were amazing!

Sunday morning Addy was up and all ready for church. Jason was still sleeping so Addy thought she should wake him up....

......and then she decided to join him.

Sunday afternoon after church we went to Chris and Alicia's for lunch and some swimming in their pool. Addy and Jake went swimming because Chris had a suit that fit Jake and one of Marisa's fit Addy (not really though:-). Addy had a pull-up on in the pool because we had no little swimmers with. It was so hilarious when she came out of the pool. Her butt was HUGE! When she walked it waddled like the back end of the dresses the step-sisters wore in the Disney Cinderella movie. I wish I would have gotten a picture.

We stripped both girls down to their diapers when we got back home because it was so hot. Susanna was actually getting very irritable from the heat. That said Jake decided to put the AC unit in our bedroom. It's funny because it was just one day off from when we put it in last year. We only used it one night last year of the whole summer. If the weather keeps going the way it is, it will be used a lot more this year. This morning when I got up with Jake around 5:30 the rest of the house was already very hot and humid! I actually laid both girls down for their nap in our bedroom at the same time. Surprisingly they fell asleep together. I figured they would sleep a lot better with AC. We are thinking of get a unit for Addy's room, it's just too hot up there.

Susanna trying to roll over....she was getting frustrated and then got upset because she was so hot and sweaty.

Addy eating her supper sideways.

She likes to sit like this.....funny girl.

Well, Katie and Thomas are coming tomorrow evening to celebrate the 4th with us. We are so excited to see the newlyweds! Stay cool and enjoy the holiday! Happy 4th of July to all! We should all remember what our country was founded on....LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS for ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment