Happy Easter! We hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Enjoy these next weeks of celebration of Christ's Resurrection. We spent Easter with my family. My sister's new baby boy Dominic was also baptized on Easter Sunday.
Easter egg decorating, Addy and Sophia did a majority of the egg dying (the consequence of that was that most of the eggs were pink and purple ;-).
Waiting for her egg to be done in the dye.
Addy did the purple eggs.
Sophia did the pink eggs.
Getting ready to hunt for eggs. We did a little Easter egg hunt for the kids. We put matchbox cars, stamps, little finger nail polishes and candy in the eggs. The kids had a lot of fun searching for them. Here they are waiting for the go to start the hunt.
Addy was running around so fast that the eggs would fly out of her basket and she would have to collect them again.....silly girl ;-).
Sophia racing to find some more.
Jake was helping Susanna....while walking around with a cup of coffee....
Grandpa, Blaise and Leo giving Penny some attention after all the eggs were found.
Sophia and Susanna with their baskets of eggs.
We were trying to get a picture of them with their baskets....Leo was trying to sneak some of Addy's eggs.
Having some fun in the beautiful weather....Susanna sliding.
Jake pulling the three girls around.
Smile :-)....or not.
Family picture....haven't gotten one of these since Blaise's baptism which was 7 months ago :-(.
Dominic was baptized on Easter Sunday. My brother Jason and his fiance Britni are his godparents.
A FULL family picture of my side of the family.
Mandie made a fruit pizza in the shape of an egg for Easter....pretty neat looking.
Blaise sitting up like a big man!
Cutie little man!
Susanna wanted me to take a picture of her too...although she closed her eyes.
Then she sat down next to Blaise with her many purses ;-). Her and Blaise were so smiley and cooperative that we called Addy into the kitchen for the next picture....
A picture of all three! This one is way over due also. The background could be better and Susanna doesn't have any pants on but hey....they are all smiling and looking at the camera! As far as I am concerned that is all that matters :-).
Bath tub fun gets more and more fun with each sibling that gets added :-). For the last couple of weeks Blaise has been taking baths with the girls. It is so much easier to just do them all at one time. Jake and I tag-team washing, drying and dressing...it actually goes pretty fast.
And another one bites the dust!...or rather, another one is potty trained :-).....
So, I decided to take the plunge on Tuesday and potty train Susanna. Susanna has seemed ready for a while, even going poop on the potty a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. I didn't want to miss her window of opportunity for potty training. I have been itching to potty train her also because having two kids in diapers is NOT fun, to put it lightly (I should know, I have had 8 months of it ;-). I would have days of changing 3 to 4 nasty poops of each of my two diapered children and just want to scream..."can I throw Susanna into underwear yet!" She is now fully potty trained and hasn't had an accident since 8 o'clock Wednesday morning....that's over 36 hours ago :-). She had 9 accidents total....6 Tuesday morning and 2 Tuesday evening. She has kept her bed dry during every nap and every night....so far (knock on wood ;-). Jake was a sweet husband and even brought home pizza Tuesday night for supper so I could really focus on Susanna. Tuesday night around 2 am we woke up to Susanna crying really hard. I had figured that she had already wet the bed and that's why she was crying. Turns out she was dry and was crying to be taken to the potty. She now runs to the potty herself and will go all by herself. I was upstairs this morning sorting through some of Susanna's clothes. I noticed her go down stairs and then a little while later come back up....talking in her own gibberish language about what she had just done. During her little escapade she went down to go potty, not even saying one peep to me. So, she pretty much was potty trained in one day....less than 24 hours from her first accident to her last! It is bitter-sweet that she is potty trained. Sweet, because it is awesome not having her in diapers anymore....but bitter because now that she is potty trained it seems like she got a couple years older in just one day. She is getting farther and farther away from being my little girl :*-(. It's okay though she is now my BIG girl and all I can say is "WOW, it still hasn't fully hit me yet that she is potty trained!"


























No comments:
Post a Comment