Thursday, July 24, 2014

The First Half of the Summer

The last time I posted was Jake's birthday....and that was over a month ago! I had meant to post last week but didn't get around to it. Life was a little blurry last week with finding out on Monday that I had pink eye. I have glasses but when I wear them I don't feel quite with the world around me while wearing them all day, my contacts make me feel so much more awake.

The girls and I made a happy birthday poster for Jake. I pinned pictures they painted for him to the sign also.

Jake and the girls squeezed into the cardboard box house Jake made for them.

Susanna Belles.... :-)

Addy Girl 

Snack time with Daddy....leftover popcorn.

After snack comes nap ;-). I think Jake was really tired, but the girls were not.

The Belle.

Addy was pretending to sleep...I can always tell when she is faking.

Rainbow after it rained.


The middle was lost in the clouds.

We came in from outside one night and the kids had bug bites all over them. I had pulled out rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs to use on the bites. Went in the kitchen after finishing and came back to Blaise ripping them out of the bag. He also had found the birthday sign for Jake that I had taken down and rolled up. He was trying to use it like a sword.


He is such a little Jake :-).

And like all the children, Blaise thinks he needs to be an inch away from the camera in order for me to get a picture of him ;-).

 Fourth of July Weekend:


Susanna playing with Hannah.

Blaise hanging out.

Addy Katie, and Susanna

And someone picked up my camera and started snapping pictures. Apparently who ever it is doesn't know how to use my camera :-). They ended up focusing on the leaves and not Josiah. This is one of many random pictures that were taken on my camera without my knowledge, didn't realize it until I was loading the pictures on to my computer.

Blaise man's first time in the pool...and he LOVED it!


Susanna using the squirting gun. She refused to put her swimming suit on the whole summer until this first time that Blaise went in the pool. After she saw him in the pool she was begging to get her suit on. Now we don't even have to ask her if she wants to put her suit on.

Blaise trying to stand up. He is a wild man...just this past Sunday we took the kids out in the pool and he was trying to climb out. He would get a leg out and then get stuck.

Susanna was having fun spraying Grandpa. She is a crazy girl.

Soaked!

He LOVES to splash, although I would way rather him splash away in the pool than in the bath tub.

Addy cuddling with Uncle Thomas waiting for the fireworks to start.


The three "babies" (under a year old) on the Loegering side. I don't really consider Blasie a baby anymore. Blaise is definitely the biggest of the three ;-). Soon there will still be three. Jake's brother and his wife are expecting around the same time that Blasie will turn one, in less than a month. *tear* *snuff*...it make's me sad to think that he will be one in a couple of weeks. *tear*   :*-(

After a long busy weekend I apparently got caught snoozing on the couch. I was SO exhausted! 

I was in the kitchen and all I heard was "Blaise, NO" and "argh". Come to see what was wrong.....found the Blaise "monster" , as his sisters would call him, attacking his sisters and trying to take their stuff.

The girls were actually playing nice.

He sure makes a cute monster :-).

One picking of broccoli.

This past weekend we went to my parents' house. The kids were playing in the pool.


Sunday night we had a VERY busy night of blanching and freezing. All in all there are: 3 bags of shell peas, 8 bags of snap peas, 9 bags of mixed broccoli and Cauliflower, and 18 bags of Broccoli.

Blaise is has been crawling on all fours now for the past month, he doesn't army crawl anymore. He is pulling himself up on things and walking around things. He likes to use chairs and such to push around on the floor for a walker. He can balance for a couple of seconds while standing without holding anything. I'm excited for him to walk, but don't want him to at the same time. I already feel like he is growing up too fast. 

Well, the garden is coming in full force now so there is plenty to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment