Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby Girl Loegering #2

So here are the ultrasound pictures that you all have been waiting for...except until now didn't know they even existed ;-).  It is amazing what technology can do these days. I have so much fun going to the ultrasounds and seeing my baby (especially when he/she is moving around). I love seeing the baby, hearing the thumping of her heart and feeling her flutter around (sometimes it's more like a swift kick in the tummy). If you haven't figured it out yet we were told that the baby is a girl. Now I know they can be wrong but I feel very confident that it is indeed a girl.

Looking at her spine and head.

Head, mid-section, and hand.

This one you can see the leg to the left kicking. She also has her mouth open wide.

Regular side view

Another side view

Straight on view....you can see the forehead, eye sockets, nose, arm crossing over the chest and the ribs in the mid-section.

Here you can see the nose and lip (as the picture points out)

Another straight on view, this one got some legs in it on the left. It's a little better picture of the face than two pictures ago.

Feet! I love baby's foot prints...they are so cute.

The ultrasound tech had tried to get some 3D pictures but the baby was in a bad position. Her head was kind of smashed up into the top of the placenta. They looked weird because she couldn't get a clear one. Maybe we will get some with the next one.

Like I said earlier I love hearing the baby's heartbeat. When I was pregnant with Addy I had a false labor alarm two weeks before my due date. While I was in the hospital being monitored they had the heartbeat machine thumping out her heartbeat. One of the nurses asked me if I wanted them to turn it down so I could watch TV or something. I said no, because hearing her heartbeat was music to my ears. I felt like she was already there in my arms. I was so relaxed from the heartbeat sounds that I ended up drifting off to sleep. No wonder they make stuffed animals with heartbeat tones.....I bet babies just love that :-).

She sure is an active little baby! It feels like there is a professional gymnist jumping around in my tummy. Sometimes you can just watch my tummy move around from side to side. I hope she is a little less active once out of the womb. I'm afraid she might come out ready to crawl and walk right away ;-) !! She is starting to run out of room, causing her to be pushed up into my ribs.....not fun. I am feeling good, except that I am extremely exhausted most days. It is weird, there really hasn't been any particular food that has bothered me throughout this pregnancy. With Addy I had multiple foods that just the sight/smell of them would make me sick. There are days when something doesn't "sound" good to me or nothing sounds/looks good, but they come and go fast.

Just two more months until she makes her big entrance! I am excited but feel unprepared as I have not done much to get ready. It is hard to remember what "labor" even felt like, even with Addy's birth being more traumatic than most. God must make us forget on purpose.....who would have another child if he didn't ;-).

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting Ruth! I am looking forward to hearing about your growing family. :) Love the ultra sound pics. Hope all continues to go well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete