Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back into normal routine

Addy and I are finally getting back into our regular routine after being gone for almost a week. Monday was kind of a lazy day. I was so tired from the traveling that Addy and I just hung out all day. The weather was so beautiful that I decided we would go outside after she got up from her nap. But right before she woke up it started to rain! It wasn't a hard rain but it was steady and soaking. I thought it would be best not to take her out. I was very disappointed :-(.
By Tuesday I had put our house back together after all the craziness of packing up last week, getting Jake ready to leave for training, and all the bags we took with unpacked. Tuesday afternoon I went to the Church to pick up some things that I needed to prepare for class that we had last night. While we were at the Church Addy would not go down from my arms, she was looking very cautiously at the other people around. She was having major clinging issues after we got back from the trip. That night after supper I was doing dishes. Addy walked up to me with a black hand and black all over the outside and inside of her mouth. She looked like she had gotten into a package of oreo cookies. Except it wasn't cookies.....it was dirt from one of my plants. She was sticking her tongue out like "Eww, this doesn't taste good." And of course I had just given her a bath! That's the way things go, right? I should have taken a picture but at that moment I was more concerned with getting the dirt out of her mouth. The interesting thing is that she never touches the plants. Well, I hope she learned her lesson.
Wednesday morning was another beautiful day so Addy and I went out before lunch. Addy loves to be outside and got very upset when it was time to go in. I pulled her around in the sled but it was challenging to go anywhere that Jake had not snow blowed. The rain had made the rest of the snow very crusty. The sled didn't want to slide over where I had walked because it made crusty bumps. Even so, Addy had a blast and we both got some fresh air.

Addy in the sled.....very happy to be outside.

Playing in the snow.

Eating snow :-)

Our BIG puppy....my has he grown.

Addy and Oakie.....she wanted him next to her until he actually laid down. He kinda sat on top of her.

The entire day on Wednesday I was dreading Family Formation class that night. I was bummed that Jake wasn't going to be there to help teach (I do fine by myself I just appreciate the extra input from him during class). But most of all I was really worried about how Addy was going to do in daycare. The last MOPS I went to she cried really hard for 30 min until I came and got her (she was coughing, choking crying she was so upset). Anyways, she did great! The night got off to a great start with her going straight to my aunt during supper. Then after supper she was running around with my cousins and all the other kids. It was so cute, it was like she was one of them (running off and leaving their parents to go play). A wife to one of the deacons came up to me and was like "Is that little Addy? My has she gotten so big!" I said that "yes she has". I was happy and sad at that moment, realizing how fast she is going to grow up and leave. On to more happy things......stuff that doesn't make me tear up thinking about ;-). Class went very well! I had asked Jake to say lots and lots of prayers.....well, he must have because the whole night was a success! Addy did so well in daycare she didn't want to leave. The couple that does the daycare are VERY good with the kids. That night after we got home, the animals got fed and Addy put to bed.....I sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. Man was I tired! I sure am glad I'm not a single parent all the time.
Addy is learning new things everyday. She now knows some sign language which I started with her right before we left for our trip. It only took her a day to pick up on each new sign...she is a smart cookie! I had tried teaching her many months ago but she wasn't picking up on it so I stopped trying. She now can sign "please", "drink", "more" and we are working on "all done." The last one is taking a little longer because it is close to "more" so she tends to get confused. Her favorite word is "pup pup" which normally means she is talking about our puppy but can be generalized to any animal :-). She also says "momma", "dadda" "O" (for Oakie), "kitty", "nigh, nigh" and many others I can't remember. This morning when I took her out of her crib I told her that daddy was coming home tonight. She said "good"....which is actually what it sounded like. Then I told her that daddy wasn't going to Bismarck next week for the training he had planned to go to. Again she said "good". It was so darn cute.
Today is a great day.......Jake is coming home! I am so excited that I am making a very nice meal for supper, making sure the house is as clean as a whistle, I put on fairly decent looking clothes, and I even brushed my hair (ha, ha......the life of a mother ;-). I might even do some baking if Addy lets me. We survived without Jake for four days, but we are both very happy that he is coming home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment