Thursday, April 19, 2012

We welcome our new baby girl Susanna May!

Susanna May, our little bundle of joy, was born a week and a half ago, at 7 pounds 2 ounces. I started having regular contractions around 8am. We got to the hospital just after noon and she was born at 2:58 that afternoon. There were no complications thanks to the prayers of many people on our behalf. The nurses were excellent, especially our labor nurse. It was so nice having a baby during the day instead of in the middle of the night (like Addy). Jake and I felt a lot better this time, more rested and relaxed. Instead of not being able to get out of bed for over a day I was up and moving within a couple of hours. My parents took care of Addy while we were in the hospital, we really appreciated it!

Soon after she was born.....the first few minutes she spent with her momma.

7 pounds and 2 ounces

Daddy with Susanna.

All snuggled in with momma.

Jake said I looked ten times better after Susanna's birth versus Addy's birth.

Addy came with Grandma and Grandpa to meet the new addition, she didn't know what to think at first.

Grandpa Gapp and Susanna.

Easter Sunday! Addy came to show mommy and daddy how pretty she looked in her Easter dress.

Helping hold her baby sister.....

....... and giving her lots of kisses.

Me and my two beautiful girls!

Family picture....you can never get a good smile from the older child ;-).

Daddy fell asleep with Susanna.

Susanna up close.....I think she looks like Jake.

Looking at daddy.

Doesn't she look so much like him?

All dressed and getting ready to go home!

Full body shot.



Both girls slept all the way home....it was a nice quiet ride :-).




No comments:

Post a Comment