Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Spring!

Last week was kind of busy. Wednesday, I took the girls to Fargo for pictures. Addy did pretty well, she was sorta scared of the lady doing the pictures. Susanna was wide awake, so we got some really good pictures of her. We all had a long day. When we got home I just sat on the couch holding both girls as they both cried. Then we had to pack up again with an hour or so and go to Faith Formation Class. Thankfully we were doing the living Rosary and didn't have actual "class." That was our last class for the year. We are going to miss our students. Jake and I decided to teach again next year. It looks like we will be having the first graders again.

This is how Addy holds her pail....like a purse :-). The pail is all beat up now because I forgot it outside one afternoon and Oakie got it. I sure wish he would stop eating EVERYTHING!

She misses her pail. I loved watching her fill it with things.

Here is a picture of the roof that Jake, Chris and Jason shingled. You can see where the new part is. The color is different, but we figured it would be okay on the back of the house. Someday we would like to redo all the shingles like the new ones.

Addy eating lasagna. She was VERY messy.

Funny "smile"

Licking her fingers to get the rest of the food off.

Susanna laying on Jake, lifting her head up.

She had to rest her head some too.

On Thursday, Jake asked Addy and I to clean up all the junk Oakie scattered all over the yard so he could mow that night. Addy is using her new rake from the garden tools set that came last week :-).

This past weekend we went to Jake's parents. We had not been to Minnesota since Christmas. Both girls did awesome on the way there. Both fell asleep and slept until the halfway point. I woke up Susanna to eat and then she slept again until we got to Roger and Sue's. We spent Saturday at Grandpa and Grandma Hayes' splitting wood and visiting. Susanna got lots of cuddle time with the grandparents.....

Sleeping on Grandma Hayes.

Both Susanna and Grandma are out!

Grandpa came in from splitting just in time to hold Susanna.

She woke up.....just in time for the drive back to Roger and Sue's.

Back at Roger and Sue's. Josiah was reading Addy some books.

They both look extremely excited ;-).

Kristina finally got a chance to hold Susanna.

Sunday morning before we left Addy was playing with a cellphone that Josiah had made out of Kinects (sp?). She was walking around with it as if she was talking to someone...it was pretty cute.

After we got home Sunday night Jake and I put the primer on the walls of the new bedroom. Monday night we planted peas, lettuce, spinach and carrots. We had already planted the potatoes last week. It feels good to be getting some of the garden in. Also, Monday night we tried the bottle with Susanna for the first time. She did AWESOME! She guzzled down over three ounces. I told her when she gets older she can brag to her older sister that she let daddy feed her the bottle (Addy refused the bottle, she was quite stubborn about it). Jake fed her the bottle again last night and again she did really good. Jake really enjoys feeding her, so I think we will try and do the bottle every night. It might get hard to continue once stuff gets really busy around here with the garden and outside work. (Wait a minute.....it's already busy ;-).

Daddy feeding Susanna.

She is so cute when she eats (she's cute all the time ;-).

Yesterday morning, I went upstairs to get Addy out of bed. Guess what I found?........a little girl with just her diaper on! She had taken off her socks and sleeper. I sure hope she doesn't start taking off her diaper too :-/.

Addy is so cute. When she is miss behaving or being naughty, normally it is because she is hungry or wants to help. As long as I can find her a job to do, we're all happy. The other night she was being very naughty when Jake and I were trying to plant the garden (in the rain, none the less). I was sprinkling cut grass where we had planted. I asked her to bring me more and she was in heaven! She kept on bringing me more and more. I had way too much, but it kept her busy and out of trouble :-).

The trees are all budded out now and the tulips and lilacs are starting to bloom. Those of you that have been out to our place know that we have a lot of lilacs! Our whole property smells so good because they are everywhere. It truely feels like spring now! Happy Spring to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment