The first pictures are kinda random.....
Addy playing in the pool.
Susanna sucking on her foot. Apparently her foot tastes pretty good because she sucks on it A LOT! Actually she sucks/chews on anything she can get to her mouth. She even had her sun hat all the way in her face so she could suck on the brim of it. Sure wish I would have gotten a picture of that!
She really likes sucking on both her pointer finger and middle finger at the same time. It is nice because this helps to keep her from eating all the time! But won't be fun when we have to break her of the habit :-(. And it helps her sleep through the night pretty much all the time. We will go to bed at night and hear her sucking on her fingers in her sleep....pretty cute!
There's the cutie!
Her pretty pink towel that one of my aunt's made.....they are AWESOME!
Zonked out! She fell asleep in her bumbo. FYI for all moms.....bumbos have been recalled! I guess for serious falls and head injuries to babies from the falls. I have seen many babies fall out of them when it is sitting on the floor (like it should be) and no serious injuries, except sad babies :-(. I wonder if the serious injuries happened because people had them sitting on a table, counter or chair. Anyways, I think they said there is a harness thing you can get to hold the child in there better. If you are worried about it maybe check into that. Or stop using your bumbo. But, it is a good idea to always supervise when a child is in one. My children tend to get their legs under them and pop themselves right out.
Addy dressing herself for bed, notice both legs in one leg hole. She is getting better and better at dressing and undressing herself (sometimes too good ;-). She will occasionally take her shirt all the way off when we are outside! Good thing she is just a little girl, I still scold her though because I don't want her to think it is okay.
Shirts are a little harder for her to get on right but she can do pants just fine now.
Off for a Sunday stroll with her baby! Jake and I were making breakfast after church two Sundays ago and Addy walks into the kitchen looking just like this.
She wanted to make sure the baby got in the picture.
Addy's first time at a park....how sad is that! Jake had an office picnic at one of the parks in town. We got there early so Addy could play on the play set. One of his co-workers was joking with their boss that he should have everyone come out to our place and build a play set like that one at the park. I don't even know if we could fit it anywhere ;-).
Went down the slide for the first time!
She is SUCH a ham!
Silly Addy....
This past weekend we went to my parents to help re-shingle their shed and to go out for our anniversary. Three years and counting for us! The shingling went really well...they got it pretty much all done before we had to leave to go out to eat. Susanna and Addy stayed at my parents'. They did really good, we were able to be gone for almost 3 hours! We really appreciate my parents watching them!
Jake and dad starting the first side.
Nailing down the shingles.
Jason was there to help also.
I came inside to take a shower after bringing the men some water and this is what I found. It was really cute because Susanna was just sitting there chillin, mom was looking at her computer and Addy looked like she was reading the magazine.
At the ball game! Dad's work always has some sort of "picnic" every summer. This year they gave their employees tickets to a Redhawks game and "money" to spend at the concessions. We had fun and boy was I glad I packed the girls' sunhats! It was pretty sunny so it could have been miserable for them if I hadn't.
Addy loves sucking on straws. After my Sierra Mist was gone I put water in the cup for Addy to suck on :-).
Jason didn't want his picture taken....ha ha, I love you boo!
And of course we had to get a picture with the big quad-track! My dad works for Case-New Holland so they had some tractors at the ball game.
Addy driving....well, sort of ;-).
Pretty sweet tractor if you ask me. We thought we should take it for a spin and drive it home :-).
Jake was having fun being in the drivers seat :-).
Monday night we made applesauce out of some apples my parents gave us. It was getting too late to can it all so we made eight trays of fruit leather.
Jake pouring the applesauce on.
My DIAPERS!!!!! I finally got all my cloth diapers for Susanna...ain't they pretty! It doesn't really matter how they look, but it is fun anyways. And of course I had to get some girly ones :-). There are 22 diapers in all, with 13 different colors. Now, I just need to wait till I get all the accessories for them (soap, wet bags, cloth wipes, etc.). I am so pumped to be starting cloth diapers and not at the same time. It will take more time, but I think it will be worth it. We are going to get a diaper sprayer for the poopy diapers to make cleaning them very slick!
They are called a one-size diaper. So this diaper is able to fit a newborn up to a child weighing 35 lbs. It snaps down and out to make it bigger.
Addy talking to Susanna.......Susanna LOVES when Addy talks to her, she gets so excited.
Playing with Susanna's toys. They have fun together....that is until one bonks the other in the face (usually Addy doing the bonking :-/ )
No comments:
Post a Comment