The "ham" of the family.
For some reason he likes sprawling out in the corner of the couch.
Play dough fun. I have been putting off making play dough since our store bought stuff went bad awhile ago. The one time Jake and I made play dough for our students, when we were teaching Family Formation at our church, it took a lot of muscle so I wasn't sure if I could make it myself. But I found a no-cook recipe that was extremely easy and made such nice play dough. The girls are loving having it to play with.
Blaise supervising daddy as he studies for his big test in October.
Last time in the old green pool....
The three kids enjoying our old pool for the last time. We bought a bigger pool for next year.
As you can see...it has seen it's better days. Lots of duck tape :-).
We went to my grandma's over Labor Day Weekend for the annual pig butchering. We cranked out 8 pigs (cut up and frozen) in a day and a half. I think that's gotta be a record.
Skinning one of the last pigs to be hung up in the cooler to cool down before cutting it up.
The girls were very interested in the skinning.
Melissa, Addy, and Rose....Addy had a lot of fun playing with both of them.
Susanna liked climbing up the scaffolding.
Playing "school" in the basement at Grandma's house.
Agnes had such a cute smile, but wouldn't look at me.
Reading books with daddy.
Blaise decided to join in on the book......
.....and then almost go right off the couch!
We got kittens! We got two little kitties (Addy has one) and two older kitties, so we now have 4 cats. Unfortunately, 3 are males so they might not all stick around. The one Addy is holding is named Thistle, he is the mostly friendly of all of them. The girls have so much fun with them and Jake and I are happy to have cats around again. Except Susanna likes picking up the little ones by the tail and chucking them :-(.
A bloom that was on my hibiscus plant that Jake gave me a couple of years ago.
Softball sized onions. The girls are holding the three onions that I used for a batch of pizza sauce. Susanna didn't want to look in this picture.
She sure is cute when I can get her to look at the camera ;-).
The big boy has a whole half banana. He wants to do things the way his sisters do.
He's thinking he's pretty cute.
Batch of pizza sauce simmering.
TIMBERRRR!
A couple weekends ago Jake took out the chainsaw so we could trim up some trees that were hard to mow around and others that had fallen down making it impossible to mow at all in those areas. Little did I know that not only would we do that but also take down two big dead pine trees, all before lunch.
The first one (the smaller of the two) on the ground.
Jake climbing up the second one to get a rope around it. We got a little smarter with the second one, getting the rope on it before it was mostly cut into to fall down. There are numerous things that were close to the tree (like the power line :-/) that we wanted to make sure we didn't drop the trees on to.The rope was used so we could direct the trees to fall exactly where we wanted them to land.
And it's down. All ready to be cut into chunks for hauling to the burn pile. That morning our burn pile was level with the ground. By that afternoon it was piled as high as it could go.
First kill of the Fall. Jake went goose hunting with his brother Josh and two of their co-workers. Instead of slough hunting like they have been doing for years they are now field hunting. Jake says he likes it much better. I like it also because I feel it is a little safer (don't have to worry about him in the water with his chest waders) and he's not as stinky when he comes home afterwards :-).
Somebody got into the bananas. This little man LOVES bananas.
Sorry, little buddy....it has to be peeled before you can eat it ;-).


































No comments:
Post a Comment