Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day Weekend we went to MN to see Jake's family. We had not been to their place since April so it was nice to see the farm again. It was a crazy busy weekend. Jake bent some aluminum sheets that are going to go around the base of our house with Roger Saturday morning. We all played lots of Volleyball. Some of the older siblings played paintball a couple times and did some target practice with clay pigeons (to get ready for duck hunting :-). Grandpa, Grandma and Bill & Connie's family came out on Sunday.....it was nice to see them.

Getting ready to load up to go to the pasture for some paint ball. From left to right: Thomas, Katie, Jake, Kristina, Josh, Roger and Josiah.

Some look happy and some look very serious

Josh and Jake were tired after playing hard. They were letting Addy and Olue have some fun.

Jake with a weird face......Addy thought it was funny.

Addy was playing with Grandpa through the glass.

Pretty girls......Katie put a flower in Addy's hair, she looks so cute.

Playing with Grandma

Volleyball!!! Jake was on a team by himself for a couple minutes.

Reinforcements come to help! Sue made up a rule that you could let it bounce once before hitting it. With the younger kids playing (and us older who are a little out of practice ;-) it made the ball keep on moving......and the game a little more interesting.

Babies are up......someones gotta hold them. Christine was the only one looking at the camera......thanks for the pretty smile!

Olue, Addy and Johnny taking a bath together Saturday night.

I love campfires! We had a campfire both Saturday and Sunday nights. They are more fun when it starts to get cool like it was and the heat is actually necessary.

Jake hiding behind a tree during a paint ball game. We got to go out and watch them on Sunday.

Regrouping and seeing where everyone got injured.


Grandpa and Addy

Grandma and Addy......it looks like Addy is deep in thought about something.

Getting the potato gun ready to go.

Jake is showing off his big muscles and Josh is showing off his big teeth :-)

Shooting a potato.....some were duds but some went really far. Josiah and Tolya were in the field trying to catch them. Tolya was close once.

Watching the potato gun go off.

Addy trying to climb up onto Grandma. She walks along things really well....she just isn't quite ready to go on her own yet.

I know I haven't posted for a couple weeks but it has been pretty crazy around here. Jake got sick last week before we went to Minnesota. He was working a lot of late nights so I think he just got run down. Addy and I got his cold over the weekend. On Tuesday, I slept for most of the day to try and get better....I was having a hard time functioning. We are all getting better slowly but surely. Addy and I still are going through boxes of kleenexes each day with our runny noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment