Friday, November 18, 2011

Fun with Daddy

Last weekend my parents and brother came out to visit. Jason and Jake did some deer hunting. Jason did see a doe but didn't shoot because he was not totally sure that is was a doe (he had a doe license). No luck this year, maybe next year. We celebrated both my dad's birthday and mine, his was last weekend and mine was last week. Addy had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I should have uploaded some of the pictures my mom took, they were pretty cute. They left Saturday night after a delicious meal of oven-fried chicken.

Sunday, Jake and I got more stuff ready for winter. We put the chains and the snow blower on the tractor.....bring it on winter! Well......you can preferably wait a month to show up (gotta have snow for Christmas :-). 

Addy has lots of fun with her daddy......

Playing with the blocks, daddy making towers and Addy knocking them down.

Jake juggling.....he was doing pretty good.

Being lazy with daddy......just hanging out.

Daddy reading a bible book to Addy.

Addy has to help turn the pages.

Snow.....is it really here to stay?
Tuesday we got a down pour of snow. I was happy I didn't have to go any where. I don't mind snow when I can just stay in the coziness of my home and watch it come down. I don't like when it gets really blustery, which happens often here since we are on top of a hill. The snow came and then it stopped. The following pictures are from in between the two "storms" we received. It melted some before it snowed again, but we still (now) have some left from when it was all done. It is to be seen whether or not it will stick around until winter really kicks in.

Looking out towards the road. It was really weird to hear the crunch of the snow under my boots.

Towards the house (obviously :-)

My cute little Addy....
One of the most recent "new" things for Addy is brushing her teeth. Before now we would sit Addy on the counter top by the sink in the bathroom and give her tooth brush to her to "brush" her teeth. She mostly chewed on it, but thought it was fun (and didn't want to give it back when it was time to leave the bathroom). Jake and I went to the dentist on Monday (first time in almost 2 1/2 years :-(. The dentist told me we should be brushing her teeth every day. I started on Tuesday and so far it has been going good. She didn't like it at first, the feel of the bristles brushing on her teeth. As soon as she tasted the toothpaste though (strawberry fluoride free) she was very happy to open her mouth and let the tooth brush in. Ever since Tuesday now she gets excited for tooth brushing time. I usually brush my teeth first and then do hers. As soon as I am done she hands me her tooth brush so I can put some paste on it.

Addy now points at things she wants. She will point at food, her milk cup or toys. This has helped us to better understand her wants and needs. She is so cute, sometimes she gets really excited. We have finally started hanging decorations up in our living room, better later than never right? Jake and I have been doing it at night after Addy goes to bed. In the morning she will see something new on the wall and get really excited. She will point at it and do her excited "grunt" (you know what I am talking about if you have seen her lately). Her favorite to look at, even though it has been on the wall now for days, is our family picture and her 6 mon. picture. She loves to wave at cars driving by and makes a very excited sound while she is waving. She is such a good eater. She likes enchiladas and loves cauliflower.....kind of a strange child for her age! The vegetable she will not eat is peas :-(. I love peas but Jake dislikes them, so that makes him really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment