Monday, Addy and I went out for a walk. I decided to put some "wee shades" on her to protect her eyes. She didn't like them at first but got used to them after awhile. It is so nice to be able to take her outside with me and not have to worry about her getting too cold. Her and I both love the fresh air. I have now put on my list, of things to be done for sure each day, to take Addy outside a least once a day (if the weather is nice). It will be fun for her when she can crawl around in the grass, although I know that I will be constantly running after her making sure she is not getting into this or that.
Two pretty "cool" gals
Addy sleeping peacefully, "like a baby"
If only she could sleep this well, ALL through the night! The last couple of weeks Addy has been sleeping terribly, which is not like her at all. She will wake up multiple times during the night and cry for hours. Sometimes I will try feeding her. Even if she does eat well, after I put her to bed she will cry for an hour or two. For days Jake and I were walking zombies. Although it has gotten much better, only waking up 1-3 times and only crying for short periods of time, all three of us are still not getting the sleep we need. I think taking her outside every day will tire her out more, as I had seen with many of the children I worked with. Part of the problem is that Addy (at 6 mon.) is still in our bedroom. We have been working diligently on getting her room remodeled but have hit a road block. We checked out carpet yesterday in Valley City hoping to have some installed by May. We didn't find what we wanted and the prices are very expensive. We are going to look in Fargo but that means it will take longer to get her out of our bedroom. Hopefully she becomes a better sleeper soon!
I'm sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. Lu seems to go in streaks. She'll have a couple days and nights that she sleeps ALL the time, then she'll have a few days and nights that she just wants is to be held, nursed, or played with....Every baby is different that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteJohnny has been sleeping better now that he gets outside, so it'll probably help Addy. I was starting to find him reading books in the living room (by the light of the plant stand) when I would get up to get Olue at 4:00am. He hasn't done that since the weather has been nice.:)