Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Auntie Kristina's Visit

Kristina came to stay with us last week and was here until this past Sunday. We had a lot of fun, Jake and I hope she can come back this winter. She helped us a ton with stuff that just needed to get done. We wish she wouldn't have had to do anything while she was here but she said she didn't mind. We went to Fargo last Tuesday and we both found the fabric we were looking for. She found some to make curtains/blinds for Roger and Sue's dining room. I found a pattern and all of the fabric for Addy's twin size quilt. It took a while to pick out my fabric (make sure it all went together), but we got her done! We miss Kristina :*(. I had a lot of fun talking with her, doing things that stink by yourself but are fun with someone else, and introducing her to the X-Men movies. Jake and I played rummy cube with her the last night she was at our place. We had a blast!

Addy and Kristina

Kristina and I picked raspberries on Wednesday. There was a lot more black than red. Our raspberries are wild so they are way back in brush and trees. At one point Kristina kept getting deeper and deeper into the brush. She said she just kept seeing more and more good looking berries and couldn't help herself.

Addy lounging in her highchair.

Girl of many faces (hmmm....I think she takes after her mommy)

Jake playing with Addy

Addy laughing and then cuddling.....laughing and cuddling some more.

Addy bonked Jake in the nose at supper. Notice the kleenex in his nose to stop his bloody nose.

Daddy pulling on her onsie, playing a game.

Addy cuddled up with Kristina on the couch.

Roger comes to help and to take Kristina home:-(
Roger came on Friday night to help Jake with some projects. On Saturday Jake and Roger replumbed the kitchen sink. It was so plugged up that even washing your hands would make water sit in the sink for a while. Jake was happy that his dad was there because it ended up being a bigger project than he had originally thought. Jake said the only bummer part is that after getting it all done....that is the way it is supposed to be (it is supposed to work right). It's not like a painting project or trimming where you can see new head way. They also framed the spot where we are going to pour a concrete pad. We really appreciate all the help from Roger! Now Jake and I need to dig lots of dirt.

Grandpa "spoiling" Addy with her first orange juice (up until now she had only had apple juice diluted with water). She wanted more and more.
Addy eating half of a bun. Jake gave her the whole thing and she did great. The next day I gave her the other half.....she stuffed the whole thing in her mouth and was choking.

Canning and Freezing food for the Winter
We are in full swing with the freezing but just getting going with the canning. We have put up all the shell peas and sugar peas we want. Over half way done with the beans, broccoli and cauliflower. I would like to can some beans also, we will see if there is enough. The raspberries are at their peak so I was thinking about canning some juice or jam (which ever Jake wants). I can only do one or the other because there will not be enough for both or even a large amount of one. It would be nice to get an actual patch going so we could do more. I love raspberries! My mom got us some peaches on sale, which will be ready to can in a week or so. The corn will be ready in a week or two, it all is looking really good. We are getting cucumbers, I think I have enough now to do some pickles. It is so much fun to put produce in the freezers that we did all the work to get it to that point. It's a good feeling!




No comments:

Post a Comment