It sounds like a pretty name of a flower or person.......in reality it is the name of a not so fun childhood sickness. It all started Saturday August 6th when Kristina was still here. Addy had a high temp and it continued until Tuesday of that next week. After the fever had passed I didn't think much more about her being sick until on Wednesday I noticed a pink splotchy rash on Addy's tummy. I looked it up...sure enough it was Roseola. The rash spread to her arms, legs and back. I had thought about taking her to bible study that Monday, sure glad I didn't because it is contagious. She was crabby until Saturday....needless to say I didn't get much done last week. Thank goodness it is over now.
All happy that the Roseola is gone! She needed a bath, her hair was so greasy from sweating so much.
Our Anniversary
Jake and I celebrated our anniversary on Monday, August 15th. We have been married for two years! Saturday, the 13th, was when we actually celebrated. We went to Fargo and left Addy for four and a a half hours at my parents. We had wanted to go see a movie but we had shopping to do and we had to be back to put Addy to bed by 7:30. We bought some fun stuff (Blueray player!!!, hunting license, shells.....) and some not so fun stuff (rebar, plywood, 2x4's.....). Then we went out to eat. It was nice to be able to enjoy each other's company. Before we left Menards to go to eat I told Jake that I wanted to call and see how Addy was doing (First time leaving her!!). Jake said that I probably didn't want to know if things were going sour (ruin our supper). When we got back Addy was having so much fun playing. My parents told us that she had done great! She took a two and a half hour nap, ate really good and was happy and content. A mother couldn't ask for any better than that!
The Blue Angels Air Show
We stayed till Sunday at my parents to go to the air show in Fargo. My dad's work had a sectioned off place for their employees and their families. It was really fun, we had a picnic lunch and got to see some really cool planes/flying acts. Addy did well at first, but she was so tired. She ended up falling asleep in my arms part way through (not for very long though). It was very sunny and hot. Dad and Jake went back to the car to get a big umbrella, which helped Addy from over heating. She still ended up getting a little red on the tops of her cheeks and on one arm :-(. I should have reapplied her sunscreen after a couple hours. It went away though the next day. We had a hard time getting her to keep ear plugs in or the ear muffs on. Some of the planes were really loud making her get really upset. I didn't get any pictures of the planes (I was too busy trying to hold my hands or the ear muffs over Addy's ears). We left before the blue angels got in the air.....by that point Addy couldn't take anymore and it would have been way too loud for her (one fighter jet was bad enough...there are 6 Blue Angels!). We were able to see them as we were walking out and driving back to my parents' house. There were people all over the interstate bridges and streets watching. Jake said he would like to go again when we don't have a little baby and sit as close as we were so we can actually feel the "rumble" of the planes.
Addy drinking out of Grandpa's water bottle
Addy fast asleep on mommy. She only kept the ear plugs in when she was sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment