Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shopping Cart and Outside work

Addy is feeling much better now...must just have been a bug going through. Our female kitty comes back from time to time but still will not get near the other two cats or Oakie. When we see her it is normally because she is fighting with one of the other cats.

Last week we planted and wood chip mulched 33 Colorado Blue Spruce trees in two rows to make an East shelter belt (as North Dakotans would call it) for our property. As far as we can tell they look good and are thriving.

Thursday, I went to town to get some groceries. It is hard for me to shop and hold Addy at the same time, she won't sit in her carseat in stores anymore. I have been trying to get her used to sitting in the cart. One problem with that is that she is so skinny she could slip (whole body) through one of the leg holes. If there is not a strap I steady her with one had while I move the cart.

Such a "big" girl


Friday, we went to my parents to help them out with some stuff. Mom and Dad had a bad wind storm last week which took down part of one of their cottonwood trees and various other branches. On Saturday, Jake used my dad's chainsaw to cut up all the fallen branches. Jason loaded them on to the burn pile, which dad started on fire later that day. I helped mom plant some more in their garden.

Addy wanted to grab grandma's glasses. She was having fun playing with grandma's necklace.

After we left my parents' on Saturday we went shopping, a regular thing we do when we come to Fargo. We looked at carpet for Addy's room and bought some! Now all I have to do is get the installers to come. 

Sunday was hot, windy and sunny. We went to early church so we could get home to start mulching in the garden. We weeded and tried to lay paper and straw down between the rows but it was too windy.  Then we decided to just do the straw around the vine crops, which was not as hard to do in the wind. Next, we watered the evergreens, they sure do take a lot of water. Jake figured we have used the amount of water we usually use in two weeks in just one week (trading with the electric bill). The electric bill is high in winter and low in the summer, where as the water bill is low in the winter and high in the summer. Hopefully it all evens out. Jake and I looked like lobsters after coming in Sunday night. Oh well, after the first bad burn it's tan from there.

Addy playing outside with her new ball (not pictured), while mommy and daddy mulched. She would push it away from her but could not get it back. Jake told Oakie he should learn to push it back to her.



Daddy making Addy laugh really hard

Watching a tractor drive by on the road. There is so much resemblence between these two.

Yesterday we planted more trees on the south west corner. The bugs were horrid, I thought I was going to be lifted up and taken away by the swarms of them. I baked some bread earlier, it is way too hot to bake during the summer. The worst part is, it is still going to get even hotter yet. Jake came home from work and commented on how hot it was in the house. I gave him a deadly look like, "don't complain to me - I have been dealing with this heat all day".

It is windy again today so I don't think we will be able to mulch again! An insurance guy stopped by yesterday taking up valuable mulching time (it was calm yesterday). It's okay though, what he had to tell us was worth it.

Addy is almost crawling now, she pushes herself around on her belly. She has good fine motor skills, she can pick up a puff with her pointer finger and thumb. I can't believe she is eight months old already...time flies!



No comments:

Post a Comment