Monday, June 27, 2011

Watch out world....here I come!

To start off with, Addy has been sick now for a good part of a week. It started last Tuesday and has evolved into everything from a runny/stuffy nose to a whinny/achy sad little girl. She is feeling better now but still has the runny nose. It sure is tiring taking care of a sick baby, plus getting a little sick myself doesn't help matters.

Addy cuddling. This was a common scene last week...she was so miserable. She could hardly breath out of her nose sometimes. She normally hates the nose sucker thing but now she welcomes the relief of getting the snot out.

More cuddling....this time with daddy :-)

Jake hilling the potatoes. We were going to mulch them on Sunday but it rained pretty much all day. Between storms we were able to grill some pork chops quick :-).

The whole garden looks good except the peppers are a little small. Here starting from the right is beans, broccoli/cauliflower, tomatoes, cabbage/cauliflower, more tomatoes, carrots/onions, lettuce/spinach, peas and three rows of potatoes.

Jake talking on the phone to his dad, common occurrence :-). From the right: potatoes, four rows of corn, two hills of zucchini, two hills of squash, four hills of picklers, and two hills of slicers. The squash has been growing really awesome. We thought it wouldn't do as good because it was old seeds I had saved from a squash from my grandma. But I should have known better, grandma's is the best!

Addy can now completely crawl! It is exciting and not at the same time. She gets to stuff way too fast.

Watch Addy crawl.....

(So I was trying to get a video of her crawling but she was not interested in the toys I put a couple feet away from her. She happened to notice the camera case I had left on the floor (and had forgotten about). As soon as she saw that I couldn't start taping soon enough! She knows what she is not supposed to have.)

Yesterday we "officially" moved Addy into her bedroom. She has been sleeping in there even before the carpet got installed, Jake and I couldn't take it anymore. But now her changing table, clothes, dresser, and the rocker are all moved in. I had a tear as each piece was being moved out of our bedroom. It seems so empty now with just our stuff in it. I'll just have to put something else in there.

Addy was very curious about her dirty clothes basket, especially since she can now crawl to it. She knocked it over and was trying to get in it. Jake tipped it upright and put her in it with her two teddy bears. She was having a ball with them (I was even able to move more stuff while she was occupied).

Addy and I had a lonely day on Saturday. Jake was working all day on an outside paving job (they are not paving yet....the project just started). It was a bummer because it was so nice and we could have mulched. Instead I mowed and did stuff around the house. I planned to met Jake in town to go to Mass, so I wanted Addy to get a good afternoon nap. She cried for hours and hours. Slept for 45 min and then balled again while I was feeding her snack and getting her ready for church. By the way....church was okay. She wasn't awful, but she wasn't a saint either. The "visiting for the summer" deacon (who is becoming a priest in a year) gave an excellent homily on the Eucharist in honor of the Solemnity of Corpus Christi (Body of Christ). He talked about a saint who lived soley on the Eucharist for 13 years...WOW! I had never heard of her before.

I have been reading a book of Addy's (to her at bed time) that she got from my parents. It is called the Visions of Mary. I read it more for me....children's books can get quite repetitive when you only have so many. And when three quarters of them are yours from childhood that you could recite the whole story before even opening the book :-). Anyways, back to the Mary book. It is really interesting and there are many stories of visions/apparitions that I had never heard about. It makes me want to travel to these places to see the spots where Mary appeared and the churches that were built per her request.

We are going into a busy weekend with lots to do before then....cooking, cleaning, baking, mowing, weeding, finishing moving Addy, cleaning where her stuff was, getting ready for guests, and packing to leave. I don't know how it all will get done! We are excited for Grandpa and Grandma Hayes to come and spend a night with us. Then we will see everyone plus them the next day for the rest of the weekend.

Well, I better get a move on! If I don't post again soon....Have a Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment