On Saturday, we went to Fargo for Tyler and Randa's wedding (friends of ours from college). We were able to see all of Jake's family and spend most of the day with them. When we got to Fargo in the morning we met up with Josh, Christine and kids at Scheels. Jake and Josh took Addy and Olue to go look at the guns while the the other three of us went to use the bathroom. I thought it was a perfect picture moment of the two brothers with their daughters, but I didn't have my camera. After Scheels we all met Roger, Sue and their kids at Paradiso for some lunch. I was the only one who ordered seafood....yummy! The rest don't know what their missing ;-).
Grandma, Grandpa and the three grandchildren (Addy, John and Olue). Addy was getting upset because she likes her space, everyone was a little too close for her comfort.
Addy and Grandma
Grandpa was "flying" Addy around in a sitting position as we were walking to the church.
She was having fun.
Randa and Tyler's wedding was a beautiful ceremony. It is hard to take it all in though when you have a child. Addy was getting really cranky (understandable because the wedding started at 2pm and she is normally down for a nap by 1:30 pm everyday) so I walked around the back of the church with her during the homily and the vows. She continued to be cranky so I tried to get her to fall asleep (I knew if she didn't sleep some she would just be a basket case for the rest of the night). Amazingly she did fall asleep.... and she stayed asleep until we walked out of the church (even through the trumpet players blasting out the processional). The reception was fun and we even got to dance to one song (all three of us together).
We saw Pete (Jake's "brother") and his wife Monique who is 34 weeks pregnant. Peter is my cousin, whom I have been close to since we were small kids. When Jake and I told Pete that we were engaged Jake stated bluntly that they were now "brothers". How he got that out of the whole thing I will never understand :-). It was nice to see them and visit. We also were able to catch up with friends from college that we have not seen in over a year.
Stacie and Addy's dresses match. They both have very pretty smiles! Stacie is Randa's sister. She sang some songs during the wedding (she has a very beautiful voice) and made a toast to Randa and Tyler (filled with lots of humor).
For Father's Day we stayed home. My mom, dad, and brother (Jason) came out to spend the day with us. For brunch we had one of Jake's favorites, blueberry delight (with "REAL" blueberries). Jake is a Minnesotan in that he likes blueberries over juneberries. Us North Dakotans are the opposite. While Addy was still sleeping we went in the backyard and practiced shooting dad's handgun. It was the first time Mom and I had shot a handgun, it was fun! I thought it would have more of a back fire than it did.
Addy doing a funny laugh while daddy is feeding her lunch (Jake didn't know I was recording his face in th shot).
Mom shooting as dad and Jake watch.
Jake took a video of me shooting (I thought he was just taking a picture).
Well, it is another week! There is lots to do outside but the forecast for the entire week is rain, rain, and more rain. Saturday looks sunny, but of course Jake might have to work because of that. On Thursday, Jake weed whipped around a lot of stuff. The yard is looking really nice. Also, on Sunday we got two free loads of dirt that they were taking out of the football field at the college. We had to pay for the driver's time to get it to our place, but the dirt was free. We plan on using it to build up around the house.
Yesterday, I joined a mom's bible study. Our topic is on turning our cravings/comfort in food to craving/finding comfort in God instead (it's interesting). All the ladies are really nice and it is fun for Addy to be around lots of other children.
No comments:
Post a Comment