Happy Birthday My Dear Daughter, Adelaide!!!
Monday was Addy's 2nd birthday!! It was also the feast of St. Therese....what a great day to be born! She is growing up so fast! Yesterday we had Family Faith Formation at our church. Jake and I teach 1st grade so Addy goes to daycare. When Jake and I came to pick her up after dismissing our class, her and all the other kids were sitting in a semi-circle around one of the teachers so they could receive their stickers. It was soooo cute and all I could do was watch (she didn't know we were there), soaking up that precious moment. Anyways.....here is more about Addy's birthday.
Addy is raising up two pieces of a Kit Kat bar because she is 2! I let her have it for dessert at lunch because it was her birthday. Trust me, she NEVER gets candy usually.
Smiles.
Cuties :-)
She wanted a close up.
At supper Addy was waiting very patiently to eat. She had her hands folded so we could pray and then eat.
Her birthday supper was Mac-n-cheese and hotdogs.....her ultimate FAVORITE meal! Also, we had pickles....another HUGE favorite of hers. She wanted the pickles more than the mac-n-cheese.
Susanna sitting in her bouncer watching us eat......she was very excited :-).
Addy's birthday cake. We don't believe in frosting in this house. Instead I used cool whip to "frost" it and chocolate syrup and choc. chips to decorate. It didn't turn out the best because the syrup just wanted to run all over the place. Oh well, it tasted yummy!
Addy with her cake. You can't really see the candles but they are in the middle of the cat's tummy. All the cool whip was melted where the candles were because Jake and I were having issues singing happy birthday. When we got done there was nothing left of the new candles....opps!
Addy eating her piece of cake.
Daddy reading Addy a bedtime story.....what a great way to end a fun birthday :-).
Yesterday night, when we got home from FFF class, Addy opened her gift from us. It came in the mail on Tuesday and we spent the night putting it together. It was too big to wrap so we just put a blanket over it. Addy was getting excited to unwrap it.
It's a play kitchen! I knew she would love it!
New Developments with Addy....
Well, Addy can now say a ton of words. She says: Daddia, Mommia, Anna (Susanna), go go, down, uppy, pease (please), no, apple, car, cow, juce (juice), poo (poop), purple, blue, geese :-), bath, babee (baby), coo (cold), hoa (hot) and many more. She is now able to say back words you ask her to say. I have to repeat the word a couple times before she says it. We are very glad she is making progress!
She loves to do what we do. She imitates everything we do.....even pretending to nurse her baby :-/......with a blanket over her as a "cover" :-). Some things she does just warms my heart and makes me smile. It's those moments that make all the bad days fade away from your memory.
She is very good with Susanna. One night Jake and I were trying to can. Susanna was crying and fussing. We asked Addy to go talk to Susanna.....Susanna stopped crying and was giving Addy huge smiles. Jake said "you know what's better than one child?....Two!"
No comments:
Post a Comment