Monday, October 29, 2012

October Baby....the movie


So, I am not usually the one to speak out about a particular issue/subject on my blog, although I SHOULD more often. That said…here are my thoughts on the movie “October Baby.”

Yes, I would agree with many people who have said that it is a great movie. I don’t know if ANY person can watch that movie and not shed a tear during some parts and ball your eyes out during others. It is definitely a moving film. I personally cried a lot because the movie is about a failed abortion and being a mother it is hard to fathom how ANYONE could do that to a baby…whatever the circumstances.

Jake and I watched it Saturday night. When we finished the movie my initial emotion to it was anger! I was angry with every woman who goes and has an abortion. I was angry with any medical personal who assist or actually perform the abortion. And I was angry with everyone else who thinks abortion is a “woman’s right” or that “she” should be able to make the “choice.”

Then I remembered what the priest said in the movie……”hate the sin, not the sinner.” In the end of the movie forgiveness is key…that is how we set ourselves free from bondage. And I can see that in my own life. When I hold forgiveness from those who have hurt me or even fail to forgive myself, I am a slave to Satan and what he wants. But, when I forgive….that is when healing comes.

Anyways, got a little side tracked J.

After I had gotten over being angry all I wanted to do was cry. I wanted to cry for all the babies who die EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!! I wanted to go to every abortion clinic and dig their bodies out of the dumpsters and hold them….. letting them know that someone DOES love them.  And give them the proper burial they deserve. Many movies are easy to walk away from and say….”wow, that was a good movie” or “that was sad”…. but then not think about it again because stuff like that doesn’t happen or occasionally happens. It’s hard to think about the MANY abortions that have taken place….killing millions of babies. And the millions of women scarred by the after affects of the abortion. I don’t mean physically….I mean mentally and emotionally. How can you NOT be affected by that!

I can’t even imagine how it would feel to be a woman who is desperate and feels she has no other option than to have an abortion. I feel bad for those women. Abortion shouldn't even BE an option. Women should be told about all the other options….like placing a baby for adoption. I don’t care what the circumstances are of the pregnancy. There is NEVER a reason for an abortion.

Some “justified reasons” people talk about are rape/incest, possible birth defects, and if the pregnancy is harmful to the mother. In the case of the first two: rape/incest and possible birth defects….that baby has as much a right to live as any other baby. I know babies might be conceived in undesirable circumstances but that does not negate the fact that they are STILL a human person! At the age when most abortions take place that baby has a heartbeat, arms, legs…almost everything. I know it might be hard for that woman to think that she could ever love the baby since the way it was conceived was very hurtful. But you would be surprised…if they carried the baby to full term….that might just change their mind. Feeling a baby move inside you and knowing that YOU are what is keeping him/her alive and nourishing them….that’s powerful! But, if the mother cannot possibly take care of the child…for financial reasons, emotion reasons or physical reasons….there is an answer….adoption! I know of many couples who cannot have a child of their own…and they are waiting for a pro-abortive woman who needs help to say…”YES!!” to life! To carry that “unwanted” (it is hard for me to think of any child as unwanted) child to full term so that they can adopt the child and give them more love than you can imagine!

The third “justified reason” is…if the mother’s life is in danger. Just this week I read a moving story about a pregnant woman who went in for her seven month doctor appointment (no complications with the pregnancy) and never came home that night. She died from a brain aneurysm  They were able to save her baby….a little boy. I think he might be Susanna’s age or a little older (she is almost 7 months old). He is such a cutie! I bet if you were to ask that woman if she would have rather lived and had her son die, I know the answer….NO! Carrying a baby inside of you for all those months turns you into a protector……you would do ANYTHING for that baby…..including give your own life!

That is one problem with our world today….we are SO selfish. If something does not profit us or will cause us to sacrifice something we avoid it.

That brings me to a major point….the up-coming election. I know most of you are SICK AND TIRED of watching election ads, listening to debates, talking about it and getting more mail in one day than you do in a whole year!!! We get handfuls of election ads EVERY day! We are sick of having to burn all of it (we don’t have garbage service)! But, there is a point I want to bring up that goes along with what “our” bishop said in a letter this past weekend. He is not technically our bishop, he is just watching over us until we get a bishop.

Anyways, he said, after putting all other issues aside….you cannot vote for a candidate that is for abortion or euthanasia. I totally agree with him! Each candidate claims that the other will increase spending on “this” or cut funds to “that.” As far as I am concerned…..they BOTH will increase spending on something that nobody wants or cut funds to something else. Taxes will increase with both…there is nothing you can do about it. But we CAN and SHOULD vote for the candidate that will preserve EVERY human life! 

Those babies that die every day…..what about THEIR voice….what about THEIR life? Shouldn't they get a chance to live whether it is one hour, a couple days, months or years,  or for some decades of years? I remember a story from a couple years ago of a couple who had a son with some serious birth defect. The doctors told them he would not live long. Instead of dwelling on the fact that he would die soon and the sacrifice they had to give for him (medical bills and emotional anxiety)…..they chose to celebrate everyday he lived as a miracle. He was less than 100 days old when he died. His parents will be able to cherish all those moments they had with him. 

Lets all try to be self-less and think of others...that is how we can be truly happy! I pray for the babies who have been aborted and the mothers who have had abortions, that they will receive healing. I also pray for those mothers who are contemplating having an abortion....please let your child live! Most importantly, I pray for our government leaders....that we will elect individuals that will work to preserve life and not to destroy it! God help our country!

Don't worry, I am finished (for now anyways :-)........I have said my peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment