Friday, October 5, 2012

Snow???? In the beginning of October???....You have got to be kidding!

Yesterday morning we woke up to a snow covered world. The pictures that I took are not very good. There was a lot more snow....I just didn't have a chance to get outside to take any pictures til 9-10am. I am not ready for the snow to stay, so I was very happy when it had all melted by the afternoon :-). Snow can wait to come and stay til after Thanksgiving....or maybe just a couple days before Christmas. Winters can get quite long out here in the country. 

Standing on our "side walk" by the house.

Boots in the snow.

Cute little Addy girl....she loved the snow even though her boots were soaked and she was freezing.

Our corn stalks had blown down in front of the garage :-(........Jake put them back up last night :-).

Mommy and Addy


Backyard.....the clothesline wires were to the ground when we first got up. The snow was really wet/sticky/heavy.

Looking out.....our driveway is in the middle.

Popcorn, strawberries, and such.

When Jake got home last night we went out to finish the apple picking. It was really cold so I bundled both girls up really well.

Little red nose cutie! 

Little Miss Pinky and Little Miss Purple

Notice there is NO snow on the ground :-).

We have been very busy here with canning, preparing for winter, cleaning out the garden, cleaning out the flower beds and finishing picking apples and popcorn. Roger came last weekend to help Jake do some more work on the building that was started last year. We have been gone or had visitors every weekend now for a while. 

Jake and I have been accepted and approved to start the training to become a certified NFP teaching couple! We are very excited but at the same time a little over whelmed with the training. We were accepted yesterday and finished the first training module last night. We thought it would be good to get started right away. 

Update on using cloth diapers....I love them! I have been using them for almost a month now and they work great. Sure they are a little more work. But when you bake your own bread, make most meals from scratch, can and preserve food, and other such stuff like I do.....it's not that bad to add in washing diapers twice a week. I tell people the only thing I miss about disposables is the smaller butt. Susanna has a MASSIVE be-hind! There are many pants that she can not fit into because her diaper butt is too big. Oh well, she is fitting into the pants Addy was never able to wear because of her tiny little butt. Now all I need to do is potty train Addy and then we will have NO MORE dirty disposable diapers in our house!

Susanna has started eating solids. It is going slow....she is having issues with her tongue pushing the food out before she can swallow it. I'm sure she will get the hang of it sooner than later.

I am finally caught up with posting....yay!!!!!! Now on to finishing cleaning the house and preparing for more visitors this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment