Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Beautiful Sunny Day!

It has been really warm and sunny here. Addy enjoys being outside playing with mommy and Oakie. She needs a sun hat because she is so fair and her hair gives her scalp no protection for the sun (there is so little of it :-). I put sunscreen on her today for the first time. The smell of it makes me think of a beach/pool. I want to go swimming so bad! It would be a lot of fun to take Addy swimming. I was thinking that today would have been a perfect day for a picnic at the park with Jake. I hope to be able to have some picnics with Jake this summer.


Soaking in some warm sun


"I will show you my tooffers but not my eyes!"
(you can see her bottom two really good and if the pictures was zoomed you could see the one coming in on the top right)


Pretty smile


Oakie is a tired puppy


Addy with mommy's shades on


Mommy and Addy (Addy never wants to smile when taking a picture with mommy)

All that talk about ticks doomed me. Last night when we were getting ready to head outside I was itching my head and felt a bump, it was a tick. It took a while for Jake to get it out, it was in there good. When he finally got it out he said it must have been there for some time because it was filling up with blood, ewww.

Tuesday night Jake got four bales of straw from our neighbor for mulching. The first two came off the trailer without too much effort but the last two were a bugger. After breaking a 2x4, some yelling and lots of sweat they finally came off.

Last night we planted over two hundred strawberries. We said a prayer as each one went into the ground, we sure hope they grow. When we came in for the night we checked ourselves over REALLY well for ticks. Don't want anymore of those stuck on me.

1 comment:

  1. She is sooo cute!! What a little ham! Can't wait to see you...it will be too long.

    ReplyDelete