Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day and More

Well, today is another dreary day. It seems like all it has done the last three days is be cloudy and rainy. It is pretty sad when I have to have the lights on all day to see what I am doing (okay it's not that bad, but seriously I have had the lights on all day). I was reading from a puppy training book today. Jake said I will be the main "master" of the dog because I am the one with it most of the time. I am excited and not at the same time, training a dog entails a lot of things. I haven't posted in a while so here is an update from Valley City.

Last week was uneventful for the most part. The weather was nice and sunny so Jake and I spent most nights outside doing stuff until dark. It was really nice to get stuff done and enjoy some nice weather. We weeded my flowers, mulched the flowers, tilled a spot for the strawberries and plotted out where each new tree will go in the new tree row we will plant as soon as the trees come. We spent most of night outside so the supper dishes didn't get done until the next day, which bothered the begebies out of me! 

On Thursday, Addy and I went over to a neighbor's house and spent the afternoon there. It was a very nice visit, Addy and I both enjoyed it. The whole time Addy was very talkative and laughing, which lets me know that she is comfortable in her surroundings. I enjoyed getting out of the house and being with my new friend Heather.  


Addy with Heather's youngest child Faith. Faith is just a couple weeks older than Addy, she is adorable. Heather put a pillow between them so they wouldn't claw at each other. Maybe once they get a little older they can sit right next to each other.


Jake tilling the spot for the strawberries in the pasture (in front of the house and by the main road). That is also where we will plant our fruit trees. The open spot from the top of Jake's head to the end of the picture, to the right, is where the new tree row of evergreens will be planted.


Friday was a beautiful sunny day....until Jake got home from work, then it decided to get dreary. Jake came home with a bouquet of flowers for me for Mother's Day! I was sure he would forget to get me something. He is such a sweet husband. We found a small opening to take Addy outside. Jake was trying to get our cat Dressa (who is a boy) to come near Addy so she could pet him. Dressa was not buying it and would not get near. The first time Addy was near Dressa we were worried that she would be scared of him, but as soon as she was close enough she grabbed the biggest chunk of fur that she could and pulled. We now know that she is not scared of him, but he might be scared of her. While we were outside Addy was sitting in the grass pulling out every blade she could get her hands on. I had a video of that but it wouldn't upload. There must be something wrong with uploading videos because Christine had said on her blog that she was having issues.



Addy adores her daddy!

Saturday morning I woke up to the smell of coffee. When I opened my eyes there was Jake holding Addy and a freshly brewed cup of coffee, with just the right amount of creamer. Jake decided to bring me coffee in bed a day early because we were going to my parents for Mother's Day. Saturday morning we did a little outside but mostly got ready to go to Fargo. We burned the big burn pile we had going on of garbage, unburnables and tree brush. Jake thought we should burn it to get rid of it and to "hide the evidence" of some of our trash blowing into the field next to our property.

Saturday afternoon we went to Fargo and went shopping for the puppy. After that we went to my parents for supper and stayed over night. Sunday after Mass we went back to my parents for brunch. Jake and my dad made the brunch, it was very yummy!

Tonight, Jake and I are going to make some tomato hoops. Since it will be rainy most of the week we thought we would get done as much as we could on inside projects.

Well, "thhhattts all folks!" (for now anyways ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Addy is just so cute!!! When are you getting the puppy? Cedar still listens to Josh better than me, probably because he's the Daddy. She is very protective of me and the kids though. I told Josh that he can take her to the vet for her next booster shot. (She got a little protective of me and John last summer when we brought her in.) I hope we can see you guys soon. I miss you!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete