Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Busy Memorial Day Weekend

Last Thursday night we planted our tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and zucchini. We needed the rain that came throughout the weekend as our plants looked rather dry. The garden could use some drying out now before we get too much more rain.

On Friday as we were getting ready to leave for the weekend, headed to my grandma's, it started to rain really hard and there was some hail. We decided to wait to leave until the rain slowed down. It was a good thing we did because I turned on the computer and found out that Barnes County was under a tornado warning. A tornado had touched down just two miles north of us, right where we were headed. Jake had Addy and I go down stairs until we knew that we were in the clear. When I went downstairs the rain had stopped for the most part, the trees were really still and the sky looked really weird. Thank goodness nothing happened. When we got to my Grandma's we started painting the living room. That night we got the first coat on the walls done. When we got done with the walls Jake asked me what time it was and if we should do the ceiling that night also. I told him that it was 10:45 and we were going to quit for the night.

Saturday morning we got the rest of the painting done by nine o'clock. Jake helped my uncle Jeff and my dad with some things outside. Mother and I went through the many boxes of baby girl clothes. I personally would have gotten rid of more of the clothes than we did, some are way out dated.


Addy enjoyed playing with my cousins. They really tuckered her out.


My little sweetie!


"Flyer Girl"
(This is the room we painted. Because the painting got done so soon we had time Saturday night and Sunday to put the room back together for Grandma.)


Daddy's Girl


Daddy's two favorite ladies


Playing with Grandpa on the table


Addy and Grandpa


Four Generations: Grandma Gapp, Mommy, Great-Grandma Alfreda and Addy


Great Grandma Alfreda and Addy

Sunday we traveled to Walhalla for two of my cousins' graduations on the Gapp side. It was nice to see everyone but we were not able to stay long. We had to get back home because Josh, Christine, John, Olue and Jared were coming.


John, Addy and Olue playing on the floor. Olue sure can roll!


The cousins all together. They like each other a lot!

After putting the children to bed the adults had some fun. We went for a walk into the corn field behind our property, it was very muddy in places. Then we came in, broke out some booze and played Settlers of Catan. We were up late talking and eating popcorn but it was a lot of fun to see Josh, Christine and Jared. Looking forward to seeing a good chunk of the Loegerings in the middle of June.

Last night while I was cutting Jake's hair the power kept on flickering on and off. Jake wanted me to finish fast so that he could get the whole hair cut and a shower (I told him he looked good with all the sides short and the top long). We were just on the edge of a big storm (capable of producing tornados) that was hitting south eastern North Dakota. During the middle of the night Addy woke up and was fussy, I laid in bed until I heard a gaging/choking sound. I shot out of bed so quick that you would have thought that someone had lit a match under me. She was fine but is still really fussy today. I don't know what is wrong but I wonder if it is the early stages of a tooth coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment